Single Checkout Page

netwebnetweb Member
in Help edited August 2012
Hey guys,

I tried searching here, but your search still seems sort of screwed up as it only shows the most recent forum entries even after hitting "View More".

Anyways, I have a client who is going through a marketing company and they insist on having the checkout on the same page as the products. Much like this site's homepage at the bottom: https://www.proceraavh.com/ (Not my site but unfortunately, that's how they want it). I was wondering, is there a way to have a single checkout page without actually adding the products to the cart? Kind of like one and done.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tagged:
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    There's been a lot of talk about single page apps lately so this has come up before. I'm not sure our current system allows for it, but it's something we're looking into. @brett may have some ideas on how it could be hacked together using the json cart, but I'm not sure.
  • netwebnetweb Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks, I'll see what @brett has to say...if there is anything.
  • That strikes me as the kind of cart-less shopping page that is possible using the rudimentary tools that some Gateways make available. My experience is with RBS WorldPay, and this kind of thing fits their Hosted Payment Page service, which basically encodes a single-item checkout in one URL. I'd recommend you see what tools your gateway might have.
  • Good idea. I didn't even think about that. I'll see what Authorize.net has got to offer in those terms.

The only thing though, I'd like to see if there is still a way to do it through FoxyCart due to some of the add-ons that I use through the cart.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @netweb. We were discussing this, and we do think it'd be possible, but there are a few possibilities with it. What's your timeframe? I might be able to whip up a proof of concept just to see if it'd work.
  • @brett I haven't started actually building the site yet, so I have some time.

I would very much appreciate anything that you can do. Thank you!
  • I am looking for the same functionality where the product is already in the cart and the entire checkout form is displayed. Is this possible? My client is looking to implement this in the next week or so
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jorgepires,

If you just have a single product and want to go straight to checkout, you can simply add a cart=checkout parameter to your link or a hidden input to your form. Would that cover your requirements?
    I'll be working on trying to get a proof of concept over the next few days. @jorgepires, if you're in a rush … you might need to check elsewhere, because we won't be able to promise anything in that short a timeframe. Sorry about that. We believe it's possible, but until we can show you a working example I'd hate to lead you on.
  • Thanks @brett and @fc_adam, i was able to bypass the add to cart, the cart and display the checkout on page load. As the SRC for an iframe i have https://TheDomain.foxycart.com/cart?empty=true&name=PRODUCT_TITLE&price=1.00&cart=checkout&quantity=1. I was having an issue that if the page was refresh the quantity kept getting increased and i added "empty=true" to the querystring and now it is working perfectly. The application we are using this for is a PPC landing page and we wanted to have the checkout on the page to avoid making the user leave the landing page to make the purchase
  • Hey @brett I was wondering if you got around to whip up anything that I could possibly tinker with?

Thanks for all of your help.
    Hey @netweb. So sorry for my delayed response. One quick question: Do you already have an idea of the product options? Will it just be a single product or will there be options (like the radio buttons on that example link)? If options, can you give me a rough idea of what types of options? Also, will there be tax applied? And will there be a flat shipping rate or will you be doing multiple options?
  • Hey @brett, no problem. I appreciate any help you can give.

There will be 3 products, so as of now yes there will need to be checkboxes so they can purchase one or all of them. Tax will only be applied to NY orders and I believe that there will be a flat shipping rate.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @netweb,

just to confirm, the three products - they would just be straight add to cart's - there wouldn't be any configurable options per product (like colour or size for example).

Also, would customers be limited to just one of each, or can they have any number of any combination of the three?
  • Hey @fc_adam, yes they will all have color options. They can order as many as they like for each. I don't know if it will help with some more questions, but they are selling socks, wrist and waist bands.

Thanks again on your help and congrats on 1.0!
    @netweb, do you have a mockup of what you'd like this to look like? I have some ideas but I want to make sure what I'm thinking will actually make sense for your use case.