Market Type Error - Response Reason Code: 87

We got an error today that I've never seen before. "Transactions of this Market Type cannot be processed on our system" Authorize.net's Response Code list says that 87 is not a part of their API. Anyone seen a Market Type error before?
Tagged:
Comments
  • Found a couple things. From Auth.net:

Response Reason Code: 87

Response Reason Text: Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.

Integration Team Suggestions: This can happen for four reasons:
    1) You are attempting to process a type of transaction that your account is not designed for. An example would be using a card swipe machine to process transactions on an e-commerce or mail order/telephone order (MOTO) account.
    2) You are passing an incorrect value to x_market_type. If you are using a Retail account you want to pass a "2". The Implementation Guide for Card Present transactions can be found at http://www.authorize.net/support/CP_guide.pdf.
    3) Your merchant service provider may be incorrectly setup for this account.
    4) The product type (SIC code) is incorrect for this account.

Other Suggestions: The server is not configured to process the product type derived from the market type of this transaction.
  • Also, Authorize.net has an response reason error code tool:

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsereasoncode/
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Matt, could you whisper your store url to @fc_adam so the FoxyCart team can take a look at this?
  • @fc_adam I think we're going to take a look at the client's Auth.net account and see if it's set up correctly, but here's a link to some products: : http://yourbuddhi.convergencecms.co/category-audioclass Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @matt633,

Thanks for the details - we'll look into this one, but considering the amount of people that are successfully using Auth.Net for their FoxyCart stores I'd wager that there may be something awry with your account setup on Auth.Net.

Our gateway developer is travelling for the weekend, so we may not be able to look into this thoroughly until the start of next week. If you can't find anything on Auth.Net, and you need this looked into sooner than early next week let us know and we can try to dig in for you.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @matt633, please let use know what you find out. It does sound like an account configuration issue. If you get more details, we'd love to add them to our wiki to help others in the future.
  • matt633matt633 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi @fc_adam and @luke, I'll let you know. I did find some interesting info in Authorize.net. We got access to the client's account, and there is indeed a "Market Type" in the "Merchant Profile". Theirs is set to "retail". Ours, in contrast is set to "eCommerce". Unfortunately, that setting cannot be changed in the admin. So, we asked them to go back to whoever set up the account for them.

It's a long walk around the block, but I think it will indeed be very good info for the wiki, including that list of response code errors above. Thanks!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for the followup, @matt633!