FedEx Shipping rates...

flinx777flinx777 Member
in Help edited August 2012
Have a site that we just launched using the FedEx live shipping rate on Checkout. The client has an account with FedEx and they get discounted rates (I believe they do so much shipping through FedEx that they get a special rate). I know in the Foxy Cart admin area that they can enter their FedEx information, but can they pass their special FedEx shipping rates to their clients? I wasn't sure if the discounts they get can also be applied to the live shipping rates on checkout for their customers?
Tagged:
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey flinx777. That sounds like a contract question for FedEx. If they put that information in there, the discounted rates should be returned. Whether or not that's allowed by FedEx is the question, right?
  • @Luke: Good question. I'll have the client follow up with FedEx on this to see if they can pass their discounted rates in. Thanks!
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Recently I built an independent FedEx calculator and from what I saw, it seemed like FedEx was returning two sets of rates: the public rate and the contract rate. From what I could tell, it seemed like FoxyCart was returning the public rate, not the contract rate.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sparkweb - just to confirm that was with account details saved into FoxyCart for FedEx?
    @fc_adam, yes it was. I'll try to get an example case worked up to send over.
    @sparkweb - that would be great!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777 @sparkweb We just pushed up some changes to 1.0 that should fix this issue. There were some problems with how we were selecting the appropriate rates that are returned by FedEx and they should now be resolved.

Please let us know if they are working correctly for you now.
    Thank you, it's working perfectly now.
  • flinx777flinx777 Member
    edited September 2012
    OK, thanks for the update @luke ...really appreciate it. In the admin, you guys don't recommend updating to 1.0 yet since it's Beta. It's a live store, so do you recommend using 1.0 yet?
    edited September 2012
    @flinx777 I have a few live stores running on 1.0 and haven't run into any trouble. Although if you have a lot of custom javascript installed in the checkout you will want to test thoroughly after upgrading.
  • @sparkweb ... good to know. will suggest to the client that we bump up.

Thanks for the all the help guys!
    @flinx777 - 1.0 is very close to stable release - obviously we'd recommend some solid testing, and if you already have a test account for your store, run the upgrade on that first before running it on your live store. It's definitely the best way to make any sort of changes to your site - testing on your staging/test store first.