Subscriptions / Recurring Transactions with PayPal Payments Pro

It seems that the information on how to configure 'Subscriptions through PayPal Payments Pro' in the wiki (http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/paypal/payments_pro) is out of date.

Are the configuration options I'm looking for Card Security Code (CSC) Mismatc under Fraud Management Filters (My Profile > My Selling Tools > Getting paid and managing my risk > Managing risk and fraud > Edit My Filter Settings > Fraud Management Filters > Edit My Filter Settings > Card Security Code (CSC) Mismatch)?

Also, do you know what other gateways will process transacitons without the CSC and thus support the FoxyCart recuring billing?

Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @goggans,

Unless otherwise specifically noted on the wiki, all gateways listed on the wiki will support the payment types supported by FoxyCart: http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/

I'm not very familiar with the PayPal side of things - so I'll follow up with our team and someone will be in touch shortly with more information about that particular setting.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @goggans are you saying PayPal moved the settings or that you can't find them at all? If I remember correctly, not every PayPal account has access to change those settings. When we pressed PayPal for more details on that, they said it's not something they can disclose as far as how they do their risk analysis and grant certain privileges to some accounts and not others.

PayPal changes things quite often, so if they moved things around we'd love to know about it so we can update our docs. We try to be as helpful as possible there, but with things changing so often, it's hard for us to stay current without users like yourself helping us out.
  • Thanks for following up guys!

I understand. PayPal has certainly been changing a lot of things recently... I just thought that I'd check and see if you knew.

I can't find the settings that you mentioned but found one that I think might be them (specified in my original post). But I'm not certain since I think that they're in a different spot and they appear to be labeled differently and (being a cheapskate) I didn't want to pay the extra $30 per month to unlock the settings controls without knowing for sure that it's what is needed.

I will see if PayPal support can provide some insight and if indeed they have moved, re-labeled the settings I'll let everyone know..
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @goggans: if you are in the US, you can use www.stripe.com and it gives you everything that PayPal Pro does without the $30 monthly fee.
  • @sparkweb - thanks for the tip!

We've been considering switching to stripe (I was very excited when it was added as a gateway for foxycart) but there two things that have kept us using Paypal with this client thus far (although we're quickly running out of patience with them).

First, the client is an NPO and PayPal has a discounted rate of 2.2% for NPOs. Also, DonorTools (http://www.donortools.com) is being used as a part of the donor relation management and accounting pipeline and DT accepts PayPal's IPN feed automatically entering and categorizing donation as they're made saving hours in admin and data entry work.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Well you could possibly work with Stripe. I've heard of them going as low as 2.6% and as far as the donortools piece goes, you could build a datafeed endpoint that would match what they are looking for. That said, it sounds like you have sufficient volume so that $30/mo is kind of a non-issue. It's just a pain working with PayPal all the time.

Stripe does take 7 days to get you your money which is a little long.
  • That's good to know that there's a possibility of negotiating rates with Strip even though they don't currently have an NPO rate. the 7 day restriction is a bit of bummer but not a deal breaker for this client.

I've considered building a feed based off of foxycart's XML datafeed but currently it's not in their budget.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    As far as PayPal Payments Pro goes, it used to work, then they changed it to make it more difficult (and to add the $30 extra), then they changed it _again_ so that it was easier. That was a while back, and at this point we aren't sure. I'll shoot an email to our PayPal rep if you don't have any luck with your efforts.

If you'd like to whisper me your volume I can point you in the direction of some merchant account providers we trust. Let us know. We're here to help.
  • @brett - Thanks, you guys are the best!