product names

pbuickpbuick Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2007
I will be having multiple products in my store that will be available for subscription/re-occurring shipping or one time purchases. Does foxy cart get confused if I use the same name for both product names (since the actual product being shipped is the same), or do I need to name them accordingly. (Product 1 and Product 1 subscription) I am using different categories for the one time purchases and the subscriptions.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    You'll be fine to use the same name. A subscription is determined by the attributes, so it'll distinguish between them just fine.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Just so you know, we're still working out some details when it comes to shippable recurring products. Originally we just planned on developing a basic single payment subscription model, but we quickly realized how beneficial a full blown automated system would be including taxes and shipping. Currently, shipping and taxes are not supported... but that will change soon. Check this thread for more details.

There aren't that many shopping cart systems out there doing recurring purchases... now we know why. :)

We'll get it done though.