The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Foxycart Jquery noconflict mode?

cbootcboot Member
in Help edited September 2012
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm hitting a wall here... Is there a simple way to put the foxycart jquery into noconflict mode? It is interfering with another jquery plugin on our site that requires a different version of jquery than foxycart. I have done this before with scripts, but can't seem to figure it out at the present. I saw reference to it in the documentation here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.6.0/docs/includes/foxycart_includes_js

but incuding the following after our foxycart include files had no effect:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
	jQuery.noConflict();
</script>

Any ideas? Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    You should not have multiple versions of jQuery. That will cause problems. I think even in noConflict mode that causes problems because of shared namespace. What happens when you remove the FoxyCart jQuery call?

Any chance you can upgrade FoxyCart versions? 0.6.0 is getting pretty old.
  • @sparkweb

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually using 1.0 right now. That was the only documentation I could find referencing noconflict mode.

Removing the foxycart jquery call didn't work for me unfortunately. In fact, it breaks foxycart as well. Guess the 1.4.2 jquery (which is what the plugin is requiring) isn't recent enough.
    can you whisper me your url?
  • There is a plugin called premium slider (Easing Slider) on that page that is loading indefinitely.
    Yeah, it's Premium Slider which is causing all the problem. If you can disable that, I'll bet it will all start working. Is there any way to replace that plugin with something else?
  • Even if I replace it with another jquery-using slider, won't I encounter the exact same problem, as I have two instances of jquery being called?
    In WordPress, plugins are supposed to use the WordPress queuing feature so only one version of jQuery gets loaded. This plugin is doing it wrong.

Even if another plugin does pull in jQuery, it will be a modern version and not 1.4.2 which is way outdated. Then you can get rid of the jQuery in the FoxyCart code block and you'll be okay.