cart hangs after submitting password

chrisLchrisL Member
in Help edited October 2008
Hi -
I'm having an issue on the Checkout page. When you enter a email address that already exists it prompts you for the password. When you enter the password and click "continue" the loading graphic appears and nothing ever loads.

This was working fine earlier, so I'm not sure what I did to mess it up.

Can you help?

Order page to add to cart and get to checkout: http://kringletalk.com/order/

Update: I tried using the checkout_without_password option here, thinking I could bypass the password, but this didn't work and still prompts new users to create a password.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Looks like you have some javascript errors on your page which kills the entire FoxyCart process:
    illegal character
    https://kringletalk.foxycart.com/v/0.4.0/checkout.php?ThisAction=customer_info
    Line 328

It might be a problem with the way our caching system is pulling through your page. You may have to make a modification there in the template to ensure there are no errors on the page. Check out FireBug or something similar to check for errors and such on your page.
    //on page load call tb_init
    $(document).ready(function(){   
    	tb_init('a.thickbox, area.thickbox, input.thickbox');\/\/pass where to apply thickbox
    	imgLoader = new Image();\/\/ preload image
    	imgLoader.src = tb_pathToImage;
    });

• Thanks, Luke! This is the most responsive support forum I have used

I removed all javascript except those needed by foxycart and that made the checkout page appear correctly.

However, when I click the "Confirm your order" button nothing happens and a javascript error is thrown:
    Line: 254
    Char: 487
    Error: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.

NOTE: I used the feature to turn off the required customer password.

I'm hoping this is the last of my trouble and we can launch today! Your response has been great and I'll be switching over two more customers to foxycart over the next few weeks.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    How are you getting that error? I'm not able to complete checkout, but I'm also not seeing any javascript errors.

Does look like we're not validating the email address on the pre-populated checkout, so that's a problem (and maybe prohibiting checkout, since it's related).
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks Chris, we'll be looking into it.
  • I had to open it up in IE to see the error (using IE 7 debug). Couldn't seem to trap it in FF 3.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Chris, things should be working correctly now. Our 0.4.0 release was a pretty major restructuring of our code base so there have been a few bugs here and there we've had to squash. Thanks for helping us find one.
  • Excellent! Going to go set it up now. Thanks again!