Rounding in cart and checkout

kktrend78kktrend78 Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2012
Hi

Yesterday customers contacted me and they all have trouble with the cart/checkout.

2 is using 071, gulvdeal.no and langrennspesialisten.no
1 is using 072, livsstiloghelse.no

If you take a look, 071 is giving problems to shipping/tax/handling sums, they will only have two decimals.
langrennspesialisten.no says paypal gateway is giving error as well:

(10418 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) The currencies of the shopping cart amounts must be the same.

072 is giving more than enough zeros in cart and checkout.

This is urgent, since these sites are live.

Kenneth
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @kktrend78,

We followed up on our helpdesk, but to post the solution publicly as well:

We had an emergency server migration yesterday and though we did extensive testing, there were issues with certain locales that we didn't catch. http://status.foxycart.com/ has complete details at this point, though we may blog about it as well either tomorrow or Monday.

There may still be some issues affecting some stores relating to this, and I believe one of your stores is included in that, but we are continuing to look into this issue as we speak.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    edited October 2012
    I think the gateway issue would certainly be explained by the outage, but the rounding issue is something that has been improved as the versions have gone along. I think the stores on 071 specifically might benefit from an upgrade to 1.0.

EDIT: that's not to say that the outage may not have affected this, but you upgrading to the latest software is usually a good idea in general.
    @sparkweb,

The rounding issue was in fact due to the server outage, as there were some locale inconsistencies between the two servers.

You are right though, we definitely recommend upgrading to the latest and greatest version to make use of all of the new functionality, bug fixes and stability improvements included.
  • Hi guys, as I told you in the e-mails. Great support!

Problems solved, and I will look into upgrading to v1.0. Need to look over the custom code and be sure that functions that I rely on doesn't mess up anything.

Thanks again for the fast support.

Kenneth
  • We've just experienced this issue too, and although it's coincided with us installing a plug-in to monitor product inventory, we can't see anything in that that would have affected it. I notice there was a server outage earlier on today, is it possible it's the same issue?

The transaction appears to go through ok on the second attempt, but on the first attempt we get this error-

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10418 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) The currencies of the shopping cart amounts must be the same.
    @pumkincreative,

Thanks for posting - we've actually just corrected a very similar issue, and I'm pretty sure that the issue you experienced here also relates to that. Please let us know if you experience it again.
  • Thanks for such a quick reply Adam, we'll keep an eye on it!