Download stopped working

netwebnetweb Member
in Help edited October 2012
Hey guys, it seems that a client of ours download's have stopped working, they just get the error:
Error: There was an error reading your downloadable file.

Has anything changed recently that would cause this? Should I re-upload the files?

Let me know, they are in kind of a panic. Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @netweb,

Could you please let us know the store this is for?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We haven't been able to reproduce any issues in 072 or 1.0 regarding downloadables. If you could please let us know which store this is for and what browsers are being used, that would really help us.
  • Vicsnatural shopping cart. website is vicsnatural.com Every purchaser since we posted has not been able to download the mp3 files. help
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited October 2012
    @netweb,

Firstly, you have a small issue with your cart template, in that your custom stylesheet isn't being served securely so you'll either get warnings or your styling won't be displayed at all. You'll want to create a cart template on your server and cache it in the admin just like you have with your checkout template to fix that issue.

In terms of the download issue - I just put through an order on your store and was able to replicate the error. I'll pass this on to our team and see if we can't dig up what's going awry.
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    Hey @netweb, I just found and fixed a configuration issue on our new server that caused the problem. I was able to successfully download the mp3 using a download link from one of your receipts. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • Having the same problem again! Could it require the same fix?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @coolbeans_uk
    Odd. Since 2012 and now we've got pretty different infrastructure that handles this, so I'm wondering if it's the same issue or something different that's causing the same end result.

Could you drop us a support email (help@foxycart.com) with your account details and the file(s) in question? We'll take a look. Thanks!