The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Test store - fails - INVALID 4000 error

megasteve4megasteve4 Member
in Help edited October 2012
Hi I am trying to config a new test store.

Using FC latest 1.0 / subscription set up. I am in UK and aiming to use sagepay.com.

Under FC > Store > Payment

I have selected test servers
I have selected Sage pay as my bank payment method
I have tried using the default 'foxycart' vendor
AND tried using my own test vendor specified when signing up to sage pay simulator (here)

With both vendors I get the same error :

"Error: There was an error processing your payment: INVALID 4000 : The VendorName is invalid or the account is not active."

I feel like I am missing something?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Yeah, testing numbers are a real pain. What I often recommend is that for testing you use the Authorize.net gateway and testing info to get all your FoxyCart-level accounts set up and tested, then you go live and set your live SagePay information and run a live test transaction as well.

The reason for this is that IMO it's not worth spending a lot of time fighting with test numbers when what you really need to know is how FoxyCart itself is going to work (datafeeds, receipt pages, etc). Get all that squared, then go live with a payment gateway and make sure you get the money, then you'll be all set.
  • Thanks Sparkweb.

I have tried Authorize.net as the gateway and my transaction went through first time. I was also starting to come around to your way of thinking as well. It possibly seems a little counter productive to spend ages getting lost in test numbers to then say - ok well it finally worked I will now delete those and plug in my real details...!

Thanks for the tip.
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Hi @megasteve4,

I just made a test transaction using a vendor name "foxycart" and a card 4111111111111111, 05/2013, CVV 123. It was approved. Are you sure you set test mode for your FoxyCart account (the radio button under FC > Store > Payment) ?
  • megasteve4megasteve4 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi @evg,

I just followed your instructions and got the same error - unless I am missing something obvious.

See both screen shots attached for settings.

I am running a subscription though - would this matter?

Thanks for your help.

Test cart
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6X-X0XRWW2-M3NjeUh5UjlqNlk

Foxy admin
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6X-X0XRWW2-WTBiQVNtb1ZGNEU
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    It shouldn't matter so that's definitely odd. What's the store domain so I can take a closer look at the payment gateway logs?
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    @megasteve4, thanks for the screenshots. I made another test transaction with the data you used and it was successful. We'll take a look at the logs to detect the problem once you provide us with the store domain.
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Hi @megasteve,

We found a bug in our code so our test account worked only at our development servers. Now it's fixed. Luke will let you know once the fix is pushed live. Thank you for your patience.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We just pushed it live so you should be able to hit the sagepay simulator system now using the foxycart test account.