Updating Shipping Options, never responds

quadlandquadland Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2012
We had a customer that was unable to complete their order. After updating the shipping information, the "Updating Shipping Options..." bar never responded. When our CSR rep tried it on the CSR's computer, she experienced the same problem. Approximately an hour later, the CSR was able to get it to work correctly.

Since the issue occurred for remotely for a client as well as the CSR, I assume the error has to do with the call to api_json.php not responding at all or at least with "Error" or "OK". If so, any thoughts regarding error catching with something like a timeout or retry for data that doesn't comeback with a valid response?

Let me know your thoughts or if you've heard of anyone else experiencing this issue.

Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @quadland,

Could you let us know which store this was for and the steps to reproduce please? Feel free to whisper if it contains private information, or alternatively email our helpdesk.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello quadland. We have seen errors in the logs related to when the third-party shipping system goes down. It's usually a very isolated, temporary event, but yes, we definitely need to come up with a solution (though I'm not sure what that is at this point). We've talked about caching responses, but even then there's no guarantee the cache will be primed when it goes down. We'll keep looking into options.