The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Show shipping on view cart

babblebibbabblebib Member
in Help edited October 2012
I'm using custom flat shipping options and I'd like to show customers the shipping cost inside the view cart page.

How would i approach this?

Ideally I'd like it to be shown between the 'add a coupon' and 'order total' rows.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey babblebib. @fc_adam may be able to help you out there, but it will probably involve duplicating some of your custom shipping logic in the cart template and then using jQuery to show the details as needed in the cart html.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @babblebib,

You could achieve what you're after - but you would need to also add in a country selector on your cart as from the looks of your checkout your shipping charges are dependant on the shipping country selected.

To achieve it though, you'd basically take the calculations you've setup on your checkout, put that on your cart and adapt the output of it to be added into the cart totals area.