The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Email receipt has "ga" field after adding google analytics

blacblac Member
in Help edited October 2012
I added google analytics to track transactions based on the instructions here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/googleanalytics_async
Now the email receipts include a new field in Order Summary, under Order Total, called "ga", which I presume is short for "google analytics", which has a bunch of info that doesn't need to be displayed in the email receipt.
ga: #__utma=255522206.861667362.1351203996.1351203996.1351206135.2&__utmb=255522206.4.10.1351206135&__utmc=255522206&__utmx=-&__utmz=255522206.1351206135.2.2.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=58839662

How do I get rid of this?

Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @blac,

Could you let us know the store this is for?
  • @fc_adam whispered to you
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @blac,

Thanks for that information. I've taken a quick look, but I can't see anything obvious standing out. @brett is the team member with the most experience with Google Analytics, but he's travelling for the next couple days. I'll ask him to take a look at this as he is able to.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @blac: We have a ticket in our system to exclude values posted the checkout that you don't wish to have has custom checkout fields ("ga" being one of them in this case). In the mean time, if you're using 1.0's twig templates, you could possibly adjust the code where it loops through the custom fields and displays them to exclude any with the name "ga". Is that something you'd be comfortable with or would you like someone on our team to give you an example?
  • @luke Any ETA on that ticket? Otherwise if the example is simple to implement, since I haven't used twig, then that would help. Thanks
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @blac.
    Have you removed any code? I'm not seeing any GA info passed around at all anymore, but I'd love to take a look.
  • @brett, didn't touch any code. I can forward you an email receipt
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @blac. Just wanted to let you know we're discussing this behind the scenes to see what options we have for you.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    After digging into this a bit, it appears the email templates for 1.0 aren't correctly excluding hidden custom fields from the emails. We'll work on a fix for this and get back to you as soon as we have it.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We just rolled out a fix for 1.0 that addresses this. You shouldn't see the ga value in the emails anymore.
  • @luke thanks and glad I could help find a bug.
  • hey guys -
    Looks like there is still a problem with my store. Emails going out to customers still have the ga field. Using 1.0. Going to whisper my store to you now - hope you can help!
    Thanks
    Robert
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for the heads up, @xcorlett. It looks like you're using a text-only email and the issue exists there as well. Sorry about that. I remember looking into it and for some reason thinking it was not a problem there. We'll get a fix out shortly.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ok, we just pushed up a fix. It seems we fixed the "multiship" section of the text emails but missed the normal section. Sorry about that. Please re-save your email template and let us know if it's working correctly for you now.