Pennsylvania not Palau (auto-complete in checkout)

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2008
I've been doing some user testing with our website and found a hiccup that many are running into in the FoxyCart checkout. Our organization is located in Pennsylvania, and many of our constituents are as well. When they're checking out and tab to the state field, nearly everyone types "P" "A". Instead of populating Pennsylvania, as expected, "Palau" comes up. (I had never heard of the place before now. Upon research, Palau is a small island country near the Philippines under the protectorate of the U.S. Technically it is an independent country as of 1994.)

So, I checked and Palau does come up in the FoxyCart country list. It also appears in the State/Province list (where the confusion comes with PA).

In experimenting with other state abbreviations, it appears the full state name displays as anticipated.

Assuming this is under your control, is there any way to remove Palau from the State/Province field (leaving it just in the country field), and have the field auto-populate "Pennsylvania" when users type "P" "A"? Or is this populating from the USPS?

Thanks.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Good catch. We'll take a look. We've discussed the need for abbreviations to autocomplete correctly in the past, but this might make that more of a priority.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Fixed.

I went to school in Pennsylvania so you guys definitely trump Palau. :)
  • Great, thanks guys.