The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $100?

jodycollierjodycollier Member
in Help edited November 2012
Is there a way to do something like this? Feel free to direct me to a wiki or something. I just can't put the pieces together on my own, for some reason.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jodycollier,

How are you currently doing shipping - live rates or flat rates? There are three snippets on the wiki that you can use, one for live rates and two for flat rates (one mimicking live rates and one just flat rates) - you can see them here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/start
  • @fc_adam,

I'm actually currently using a mixture... but my flat rates are all used for items that ship for free, so the flat rate amount is zero. Might not be the best way to do it, but it's worked for me so far. I'll check out the wiki. I need shipping to get a little more advanced for my store, anyway.

Thanks!
  • Oh! and one more thing, @fc_adam , in the same vein.

I want international customers to be able to choose Priority Shipping, and the most cost effective way I've found to do that is a USPS Priority Flat Rate envelope. The trouble I'm having there is certain customers choose a handful of products and exceed the "volume" of a Flat Rate Envelope. I can give them the option of a "Medium Flat Rate Box", but they will obviously opt for the cheaper Priority option, being the envelope.

Is there a way to force customers into a Medium Flat Rate Box based on weight? That would work.

Sorry if this qualifies as a new topic for a new thread, btw.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jodycollier,

So what you'd want is this snippet: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/live_rate_shipping_modification

You should be fine to keep your $0 flat rate categories along side this setup. In your live rates settings, you'll also want to check the free ground shipping option under custom on the shipping page of your stores FoxyCart administration.

For your custom logic, you'd do a couple checks. Firstly, if the order is over $100, show the free ground shipping option and hide all other returned rates. If not, then hide the free ground shipping option.

Then, checking the weight, if it's greater than your threshold, hide the flat rate envelope option. Without testing it myself, that would look something like this:
    if (fc_json.total_price > 100) {
    	FC.customLiveShipping.hide("all");
    	FC.customLiveShipping.show(60);
    } else {
    	FC.customLiveShipping.hide(60);
    	if (fc_json.total_weight > 15) {
    		FC.customLiveShipping.hide("envelope");
    	}
    }

You'll need to change that '15' to be whatever weight you want to not allow the envelope to be chosen for.