Custom Fields did not carry through to Receipt page

GuideofHawaiiGuideofHawaii Member
in Help edited November 2012
Hi, I have several custom fields setup on my checkout template, but none of them went through to the receipt page or email when I just completed a test transaction. Is there something wrong with my code below?
^^custom_begin^^

<h2 class="additional">Additional Information</h2>

<fieldset id="fc_custom_fields">
	<legend>Optional Information</legend>
	<div class="fc_inner">
		<div class="textfield">
			<label for="Arrival_Date">Your Arrival Date</label>
			<p>In case we need to get in touch with you.</p>
			<input type="text" name="Arrival_Date" value="" />
		</div>	
        <p>&nbsp;</p>
        <div class="textfield">
			<label for="Accommodations">Where are you staying?</label>
			<p>If you're not sure, just type in "Not Sure."</p>
			<input type="text" name="Accommodations" value=""/>
		</div>
        <p>&nbsp;</p>
        <div class="textfield">
			<label for ="Contact_Number">Phone Number we can reach you at?</label>
			<p>Please provide a number we can reach you at on-island.</p>
			<input type="text" name="Contact_Number" value=""/>
		</div>
        <p>&nbsp;</p>
        <div class="textareafield">
			<label for="Comments">Special Requests / Comments</label>
			<p>If you have any comments or special requests, please let us know.</p>
			<textarea name="Comments" cols="35" rows="6"></textarea>
		</div>
        <p>&nbsp;</p>
		<div>
			<label>Terms of Service</label>
			<input type="checkbox" name="terms_of_service" value="accept" checked="checked" class="fc_required" style="float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0;" />
			<label for="terms_of_service"><span>By checking this box you agree to our <a href="https://activities.hawaii-guide.com/terms-of-use"; target="_blank">Terms of Use</a>.</span></label>
			<label class="fc_error" style="display:none;" for="terms_of_service">You must accept our Terms of Service to complete this transaction.</label>
		</div>
	</div><!-- .fc_inner -->
</fieldset><!-- #fc_custom_fields -->

^^custom_end^^

Thanks,
John
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @GuideOfHawaii,

I think you might have shared this in a different thread, but could you let me know the store domain that this is for?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @GuideOfHawaii,

Duh - someone just pointed out what your subdomain is, and I realise I should have obviously picked that up from your username. One of those days :)

I grabbed your checkout and cached it on a test store of mine, and the custom fields all submitted just fine. Looking at your transaction report though, it does look like none of the text boxes are being picked up on your checkout for some reason. The checkbox is passing through fine - but not the text boxes.

I tried on both an 0.7.2 store and a 1.0 store and both worked just fine for me. Have you just tried the one test transaction?
  • Hi, yes I had only tried it once. I will try it again and see if things go through. I did notice as you mentioned that the terms of service check box worked, but nothing else.

Will give it another test and see what happens, maybe it was a one-time thing. I definitely know I had put data in the fields my first test, but let's see what happens again.

Thanks,
    John
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Did you get this working, John?
  • I did, it seemed to work fine on my next test. Thanks for checking :)