The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Import users INTO Foxycart

bret_ortonbret_orton Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2008
I told a client I'm about 99.9901% sure this isn't possible, but figured I'd cover all bases:

Said client would like to IMPORT their legacy users into Foxycart: email, [password created on the fly], and their contact information. This would be a mass import via a script. If the above isn't doable, the client will have CSRs do this manually and send an email to each user alerting them of their new login information. I've posed my concerns about the logic of doing either of the above to the client, but still have to ask.

Thank you kindly for the help.
- bret
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Good question. Currently this isn't really a possibility on our end, BUT you might be able to script it using Selenium (maybe?) or some other browser automation tool (maybe Automator?) to add a $0 "New user creation" product.

If you had more than a couple dozen that might make sense, and should (in theory) work. Fwiw, we're in the process of looking into and creating a user API, at which point this might be more easily possible.

Does that help?

If you do enter them manually or automatically, you'd probably want to turn off the receipt emails so as not to cause alarm with customers getting receipts for something they didn't do.
  • Donkey shin for the reply, brett with two ts.
    Especially turning off the receipt email, as that was one of my concerns and I forgot about that functionality.

Cheers,
    bret
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    ...or you could just pay us obscene amounts of money and we could import the list for you. :)
  • Luke,
    If I could, I would.

On a side note, I work with a Luke (he posts here too). My name's Bret. However, I'd be the one asking for obscene amounts of money, not Luke.

That's neither here nor there.
    Thank you both for offering solid, quick and savage support to your community base.

Cheers,
    - bret