Receipt in Outlook 2007

barkerybarkery Member
in Help edited October 2008
When viewing receipts in Outlook 2007, I'm noticing the cart does not display correctly.

Below is a cut and paste of the way it displays. When viewing the receipt in Gmail, it sorts it correctly with the items purchases first and then the totals.

Item Quantity Price
Subtotal: $9.00
Shipping & Handling: $4.80
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $13.80
Halloween - Mummy Bones
• Weight: 0.625 LBS 1 $9.00 ($9.00 each)
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hooray Outlook 2007... Microsoft decided it'd be a good idea to use Word's HTML engine to display HTML emails. This would make sense if, you know, they didn't have a browser built into the operating system. Maybe they forgot.

In any case, it does look pretty awful. The issue you're noticing apparently has to do with Outlook 2007 thinking that the <tfoot> element is supposed to go at the top of the table. I'm really having a hard time believing that it doesn't know how to handle thead, tfoot, and tbody... We all know Microsoft hates web designers and developers, but I'm hoping there's something else going on.

If you want to play with the default CSS please let us know if you discover anything. Otherwise please request a fix at http://requests.foxycart.com/ and we'll get to it when we're able.