The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

strange ascii characters showing in combo box

eldorado2768eldorado2768 Member
in Help edited November 2012
I am trying to style some of the form elements in the checkout page and noticed in the billiing section there are 2 combo box dropdowns - 1 for country and the other for state. Next to the combobox instead of a down arrow, there are some strange ascii characters. Here is what I picked up from the source:
<button tabindex="-1" title="Show All Items" class="fc_foxycomplete_combobox" 
style="height: 25px; width: 25px; 
top: 15px; left: 165px; z-index: 9; ">â–¼</button>

I cannot figure out how those weird characters got there, nor how to remove them. I checked my document html character set and it is <meta charset="iso-8859-1">. Is that the problem? Anyone have any clues how to deal with this?
Tagged:
Comments
  • Update on this issue. It is not supposed to be a down arrow. After mousing over it, the words "Show all items" popped up so that is the actual text to be displayed.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @eldorado2768,

Actually it is a down arrow, the title for the button is "Show all items" so that's why you're seeing that.

Change your charset to "UTF-8" and that should fix the problem.
  • Yes, that was it. Thank you!