The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Broken images in cache

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited November 2012
Hello,

My client's product images are suddenly not showing up in the cart. They were showing up earlier today, and the original images that are being cached are there and show up fine. It's the cached image that appear to be broken, damages, or missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joey
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston,

Have you tried clearing the image cache to see if that fixes the broken ones? Accessed from the stores admin under 'images'.
  • That did not work and its also broken images in the foxycart transactions where we normally see the product image after 'expanding' the order view. When I clear image cache there is nothing to clear:

Cached Image Directory
    Files: 0
    File Size: 0 B
  • It definitely appears to be a foxycart cache problem as the image itself works, but when cached through the https:// cart link it shows up as a broken image. This is very urgent so all help is appreciated.
  • I whispered you the link Adam so you can see the actual http image is working but when cached through the cart in https it is broken
  • Hi Adam,

I just whispered you an example of a cached image that is broken, vs. the exact image that it points to, which is not broken. Clearing the cache doesn't fix it.

Thanks,

Joey
  • jlivingstonjlivingston Member
    edited November 2012
    For what it's worth, to test if there was a legitimate corruption, I just tried taking a screen shot of that product image, and exporting the screenshot from photoshop as a jpeg with a new name, uploading it to the server, and repointing the product image tag to that file. It's still broken.
  • I also tried the same exercise with a png instead of a jpg. Still broken.
  • I've hidden the product image with css we find a solution, but it's still in the HTML.
  • jlivingstonjlivingston Member
    edited November 2012
    I have also copied all of the source HTML from the cart page, pasted it into a test file, and stripped all styles and javascript out of it:

The image is still broken. It seems obvious that it would be, since you can paste the image path straight into the browser address bar and see it's broken, but I just wanted to be sure that none of the extemporaneous code or markup in the cart template was causing this, particularly the javascript.

I'm whispering the URL.
  • billembillem Member
    edited November 2012
    Urgent
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @billem, @jlivingston -

I believe you got this all sorted now correct?
  • Yes, we're pretty sure the problem is resolved, Adam. David H. spotted the problem (301 redirect). I've made some adjustments and lowered the alert level to defcon 2. :) Thanks for checking, man.
  • Yes, thanks... Sparkweb + Joey + Brett = Problem solved (for now :))