The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Category questions

dotbdotbdotbdotb Member
in Help edited November 2012
I am using FoxyPress (I know that isn't you) and it allows me to select multiple categories - which we use on our front end to group. My understanding is that we can do this as long as of all our categories ticked for an item there is 1 and only 1 corresponding actual FoxyCart category.

Is this the case (I just want to confirm before taking this to FoxyPress support)

Secondly - is it possible to delete categories from Foxycart once they are created.
Comments
  • And the reason why i am asking this is that we have one case where we have an item with two categories ticked - one not in foxycart and the other in foxycart and it is giving us an error when adding to cart that the category (that isn't in Foxycart) doesn't exist. I was thinking that the behavior ws that it would just keep going until it did find a valid category. Am I wrong?
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hey dotbdotb.
    Yes, you are correct. There can only be 1 product category for a product. Yes, you can delete product categories in the FoxyCart administration.

It is very likely that FoxyPress chooses the first or last checked category to use for the FoxyCart product category. If one of those isn't a category found in FoxyCart, the error will show. You may want to check with FoxyPress to find out which category is applied when multiple categories are checked.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Josh