The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Categories not updating in wordpress

D2APD2AP Member
in Help edited November 2012
I setup the custom categories under the product menu in foxycart so I could do flat rate shipping and then when I go over to wordpress and check to see if I can use the custom categories the only thing I see is the default category. Here is a screen shot: http://gyazo.com/e586e33a8f7b0a9063450ac8d99a941e

the only option I have in that drop down menu is the one you see even though I setup multiple ones in foxy cart. What's going on?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @D2AP,

Are you utilising FoxyShop or FoxyPress? I believe with both of those options you need to refresh the categories within your WordPress installation to grab the latest categories from FoxyCart. Consult your individual modules documentation on how to do that if you can't find it within the respective categories section in WordPress
  • I'm using foxyshop and I'm not really sure what you mean by refreshing the categoies in my wordpress installation. Do you mean wordress itself or foxyshop.
    @D2AP,

I'm not really familiar with FoxyShop, but I believe you'll need to navigate to the settings page for the plugin and there should be a button there to refresh the FoxyCart shipping categories. That will utilise the API to grab an updated list of your categories as entered into FoxyCart and let you utilise them in FoxyShop.
  • Thanks a bunch. Under settings I found a way to pull the categories over from FoxyCart. The help is much appreciated.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    There have been a few people lately who have been confused about this so I will be releasing a patch shortly which will make it easier to update right from the product page.
  • That would awesome!
    @sparkweb - Awesome!