Calling Foxycart using curl

dmacneildmacneil Member
in Help edited October 2008
I have a page with a form that selects products, but I then call a php page that manipulates the data before sending it to foxycart. I am trying to use cURL to call foxycart, but with no success. I think it relates to not knowing where to put class="foxycart" in the cURL part of the code. Is there a way to do this?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    The class="foxycart" part of things is purely for the JavaScript. You may want to crack open foxycart_includes.js and then take a look at the raw versions of those js files to see what's going on "under the hood". What you're proposing should be possible, as long as you create a session with FoxyCart first. Our system was designed to use a lot of JavaScript, so if that's an option for you, you could do all your pre processing by creating a fc_PreProcess() as described here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:jquery:basic_validation

Using JQuery's AJAX methods, you could also call your PHP file from JavaScript and that way you could use all the standard FoxyCart stuff without changing anything.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Also, fwiw, 040 introduced a lot of new functionality that'll allow you to manipulate the cart directly using GET strings. Most of it's in the docs, but if you have questions let us know.