Options for customers on terms?

I've been asked to build a shopping system for my company. I've looked at a number of third party options for speed and ease of use, but none of them offer the power and flexibility needed to match our complex pricing structure for bulk pricing and unique customer level discounts. Looking at FoxyCart it seems my search is over, but there is one final question I have, and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

We are looking for a system that would allow us to take credit card payments, but also for customers who are on terms with us, to place an order without having to actually pay. They are on a plan where they receive regular invoicing. Is this something that can be integrated with FoxyCart? Am I making sense? Thanks for any feedback.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @terenceRoberts,

You certainly are!

What you'd be looking at with FoxyCart is the 'Purchase Order' payment method. That is essentially a text input that allows a customer to complete a checkout without having to provide any payment details. You can repurpose that field to be completely hidden and only displayed as an option if a certain parameter is present in the cart. Details on a javascript approach here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/checkout/hiding_po_payment_option but you could also achieve it with Twig templating in the actual template in version 1.0
  • @fc_adam

Thanks very much! I will research this Twig templating more. I figured this must be possible, but wanted to be sure. I'm loving the flexibility of this software. Cheers.