The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Download link not working

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2008
Hey guys,

I've set up our first downloadable product, but it's not linking properly. The payment is being processed, but the link that is generated doesn't link to the file.

I'll whisper the URL.

Thanks.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited October 2008
    Is this an EE+CC store? Or are you trying to use downloadables through FoxyCart's downloadable product functionality?

If you want to use our built in downloadable delivery functionality, you need to specify a code and category for the product _after_ the product has been uploaded in your FoxyCart admin. I'm only seeing one product that you've uploaded, and it's not being added to the cart correctly for it to actually know it's a downloadable product.

Give this a check:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/products:downloadable

That should hopefully help you understand how to handle downloadable products. Please feel free to improve that page if you the desire. We love wikis.
  • Brett,

I've read the wiki. I'm adding the product as described in the wiki, but it doesn't recognize my product. I've double-checked that my product code and category are correct (correspond to what I've entered in FoxyCart).

The following code isn't working for me:
    <form class="foxycart clearfix" action="https://goodsoil.foxycart.com/cart?code=tsoh-mp3-images&category=downloadable"; method="post" accept-charset="utf-8">
    <input type="hidden" name="name" value="The Story of Hope MP3 and Cell Phone Images" />
    <label for="price">Suggested Donation:</label>
    <input type="text" id="price" name="price" value="$10.00" class="text donation" />
    <button class="submitBtnSm" type="submit"><span>Add to Cart</span></button>
    </form>

However, when I add the product using hidden inputs for the code and category, it finds my product in FoxyCart and processes it correctly as a download. The only problem is that the link I get after completing the order doesn't point to my product. Here's the code I use:
    <form class="foxycart clearfix" action="https://goodsoil.foxycart.com/cart"; method="post" accept-charset="utf-8">
    <input type="hidden" name="name" value="The Story of Hope MP3 and Cell Phone Images" />
    <input type="hidden" name="code" value="tsoh-mp3-images" />
    <input type="hidden" name="category" value="downloadable" />
    <label for="price">Suggested Donation:</label>
    <input type="text" id="price" name="price" value="$10.00" class="text donation" />
    <button class="submitBtnSm" type="submit"><span>Add to Cart</span></button>
    </form>

Thanks for your help,

Kevin
  • To clarify, I've built the site with Expression Engine but am not using Cool Climate's plugin (currently unsupported - I'm waiting for a good integration). For now I simply want to get the FoxyCart download working.
    FoxEE looks to be the new FoxyCart + EE integration, and it's supported (but currently in beta).

This won't work:
    action="https://goodsoil.foxycart.com/cart?code=tsoh-mp3-images&category=downloadable";

Did you see something like that on our documentation anywhere? Let me know, as that won't work.

As far as the link to download being broken, you're right. We'll take care of that asap and let you know (on this thread) once it's taken care of. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, and sorry for the issue.
  • Yeah, that is what's posted in the wiki as far as how to add a downloadable product.

Will have to try out FoxEE. Definitely glad to integrate two great products!
    The wiki is speaking about links, not forms, but I'll clarify that in a bit to avoid confusion for others down the road.

PS: If I haven't already said it multiple times, GREAT JOB on the customization. The site is gorgeous (as are most EE sites, oddly enough).
    Ok, give it a go now. Download links fixed. Let us know if you have any issues at this point. All known 040 issues have been resolved at this point, so now we just have to deal with the unknown unknowns ;)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Also, if you have some existing clients who have purchased downloadables but can't get to them (because the link is broken), go ahead and whisper us the store, customer id, transaction id and product name and we'll email you the downloadable passcode so you can forward it along to your customer.
  • Thanks guys, works great now!

I didn't have any orders before you got it fixed.

PS: We're live with the site now. Check it out here (www.goodsoil.com). Thanks for the compliments.