The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Analytics Data in Order

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited December 2012
Hi Guys,

I recently installed your advanced Google Analytics code into my client's site http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/googleanalytics_async On a few of the orders that have come in since then, we have a seen some strange data coming through in the order data, which looks something like this:
ga:
#__utma=38383838.989898989.656565656.858585858.8484848484.2&__utmb=939393933.4.45.9949494949&__utmc=774747474&__utmx=-&__utmz=8484848484.9494949494.1.3.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=949494949

Although I don't think any of the data in this code is sensitive, I've put in random value substitutions just in case, while leaving the pattern of the data mostly in tact.

My client is concerned that this data might be impeding order processing, or that it might be sign of a problem on his site, and that perhaps the GA setup might impede order processing. Could someone provide a brief explanation of the purpose of this data, and why it is in the transaction, just so that we can be confident about re-enabling the analytics code (because it has been very useful).

Thanks in advance,

Joey
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Joey. I think that data comes from Google Analytics. I've asked @brett to comment further as he's more familiar with these things. It shouldn't impact your ability to process orders in any way.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlivingston,

Could you whisper us which store this is for so we can take a look at your implementation? As Luke said, it's completely harmless - it's actually used so we can maintain the GA session from the merchants website onto the FoxyCart hosted pages.