First Data E4 and/or Authorize.Net SIM

I know the wiki says there's no ETA on First Data E4 gateway support. So is there an ETA? :)

Looking for a way to wire our shiny new gateway up to FoxyCart. I really don't want to try to go back and use the legacy API system.

E4 also supports Authorize.Net SIM but naturally the post url endpoint has to be modified. Usually in self-hosted carts this is trivial. Naturally, I'm assuming this is not an option with FoxyCart, right? But it would be so sweet if you made it an option! Has anyone every asked before? I'm also thinking maybe it could happen without too much trouble. Just need a way to provide the ID and key like normal but then a way to manually override the endpoint URL for other compatible SIM services. This would be awesome.

Full details on E4's SIM requirements here (but they should be pretty universal):
https://firstdata.zendesk.com/entries/21784193-integration-instructions-for-authorize-net-sim-compatible-shopping-carts

Please tell me something like this is doable! Or that native E4 support will be ready quite soon :) Thanks!
Andrew
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @neversettle,

The new First Data gateway is definitely planned - but no, no current ETA is available unfortunately.

We can utilise Auth.Net emulation for gateways, which does make the development time much quicker - but we sometimes do prefer to use a gateways native integration method if it makes sense to.

I'll touch base with our gateway developer and see where the integration
  • I've a UK client who uses First Data as a Merchant Account. But sadly, the UK Payment Gateways does not include First Data.

Any update on UK First Data and any clues as to whether I'd need to worry about the lack of E4 at least in the short term.

As a backup I'm exploring other gateways (Sage etc).

Stuart
    @Parthian,

There has been some work done on the E4 integration - I'll double check with the team if that will support UK based merchants or not when it is released into FC.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I _think_ it'll support UK merchants, but we're asking our rep to confirm. We'll get back to you as soon as we hear back.
  • Is this possibly in a beta version we could try? In the past, sometimes this was possible.
    @dakruhm,

Unfortunately no beta to test yet - I just checked on our ticket for this integration and it's currently running through some finishing touches. I'll check in with the team and see if this will be something we'll integrate into 1.1, or include in our next release.
    @dakruhm,

At this point we're planning to merge the E4 integration into version 1.1 as soon as it's ready - if that changes, we'll update this thread.
    @dakruhm,

Sorry - I forgot to update this thread, First Data E4 is now a part of FoxyCart version 1.1
  • Hi All,

Now that E4 is supported does that mean that a UK company can use First Data?
    Checked the Gateway page filtered for GB and FirstData doesn't appear.
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/start?datasrt=&dataflt[]=countrie=GB
    Note, it doesn't appear filtered for US either so I wonder if the wiki page is out of date.

Stuart
    @Parthian,

Great question - we're following up First Data just to confirm - we'll be back in touch soon.
    @Parthian,

Thanks for your patience.

We've heard back from First Data, and from what we understand the Global Gateway E4 offering is available globally - but there can be some restrictions and requirements depending on your country. We'd recommend reaching out to First Data and confirming with them exactly what solution you need to use in your particular case, as it may well not be the E4 gateway but something else.
  • @fc_adam,

Thanks, I'll pass this on to my client.

Remember to take a look at the Payment Gateway Wiki page. It may be that the country specific requests effectively show gateways that are tailored specifically for that country and hence filter out those that work everywhere. Which may be perfectly accurate but may lead to confusion. You may find potential foxycart users will have a Gateway they need to use and if it isn't in their countries list may look elsewhere even though it would work due to global coverage.
    Not sure how you solve that though.

Stuart
    @Parthian, could you clarify your last comment? I want to make sure I'm understanding.

Also fwiw, we're a little confused on your initial question about FirstData in the UK. Or perhaps more specifically, when you asked initially, were you asking specifically about e4 support in the UK, or about a different FirstData gateway? They've got a few, and though e4 _is_ supported, it's only available for UK merchants doing over $10MM (at very least; to be clear though, that minimum requirement isn't present in the US as far as I'm aware), so … yes, we support e4, and e4 supports UK merchants, but my question is: Is e4 actually the system you're asking about?

Sorry if this is confusing. We're confused too :)
  • @brett,

Oh Crikey. I've no idea either. Client needs to use First Data as their merchant account. So need a gateway that works with that merchant account - a UK company selling worldwide.

It appeared at the time that the First Data Gateways were needed to send money to the First Data merchant account. It was a while back and I'm getting information 2nd hand. Then passing it on to you guys. And I normally just deal with Paypal and occasionally RBS WorldPay.

I think there is some contractual stuff confusing the issue too.

I'm going to lie low for a while and hope the problem goes away :0)
    Ha, ok :)
    Let us know. If you do need a different gateway supported, contact us through our contact form and let us know, and vote for it here:
    http://requests.foxycart.com/forums/4163-payment-gateways