Blank page after caching checkout template on Squarespace

StanStan Member
in Help edited January 2013
Hello,

I'm trying to integrate the checkout page into the Squarespace Flatiron template. The HTML is getting inserted correctly - I can see it all in firebug. However the page comes up blank when viewed. Try visiting this page, adding the product to cart and going through to checkout.

I'm guessing this is a result of Squarespace trickery failing somewhere in the cached page. I just wanted to check if anyone here has encountered this previously. Otherwise, it would probably be easiest to just write up a layout mimicking the overall look for the checkout template, omitting the special Squarespace stuff.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Stan,

So I think the issue you're running into is the page fades in once it's loaded based on some of the javascript and CSS included on your page - so you can see all the elements in the code but not visually because it has a CSS setting of 'opacity: 0'.

You also have a few javascript errors on the page as well. If you view the console tab in FireBug you'll see the errors I'm talking about. One of those relate to the FoxyCart includes - which you don't need to include on your checkout template.

• @fc_adam Thank you very much for the help!

I totally missed the opacity, and the rest was a breeze to sort out. The only stumbling block was the social icon font, but thanks to timkelty's post that was very straightforward to fix as well.