Shipping not calculated when submitted before live rates returned

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2008
Hey guys-

We are using 0.3.2 on one of our stores and are running into the following issue:

When users checkout, if they submit their order before the live shipping rates are returned from USPS and DHL, their order goes through without any shipping calculated (returns a $0 value). Everything works fine if they wait until the rates calculate before submitting.

I've tested on IE7 on a PC.

Thanks,

Kevin
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We are aware of this issue, and are looking into it. We applied a patch that we had thought would put this issue to bed once and for all, but apparently it didn't. We will update this thread:
    http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=656&page=1
    once we have more info.

We're terribly sorry for the issue.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I'm the main developer on this part of things and I was out of the country last week. We'll get on this right away.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ok, should be fixed now.

When we took the fix for 0.4.0 and pushed it back through the 0.3.x versions, we didn't take into account a slight variation in how the two versions do error checking which caused the problem to be worse on 0.3.x stores. As much as we want to improve everything for everyone, we've learned our lesson. No more changes to existing store versions. As much as we HATE having known bugs out there, we'll just have to encourage stores to upgrade instead of trying to fix them in previous versions. The whole reason for versioning our hosted system was to avoid problems like this and we should have stuck with it.

Thank you all for your patience and we apologize again for any strain this has put on you or your clients.