BrainTree Authorize.net Emulator

nealsharmonnealsharmon Member
in Help edited January 2013
We currently use Braintree Payment Solutions using the Magento Authorize.net plugin. The Braintree system has an authorize.net emulator.

Braintree is not listed as a supported FoxyCart payment gateway. Do I need to switch gateways or can I use the emulator with Foxycart the way I did with Magento?

If not, I will need to do a new merchant account because Braintree can only bundle their gateway and merchant accounts together. Are there any recommendations?

Thank you,
Neal
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @nealsharmon,

We unfortunately don't currently support Braintree, it is something we've discussed supporting, but it hasn't made it to the top of the list yet. If you'd like to add your vote for it here, you'll be able to track it's progress: http://requests.foxycart.com/forums/4163-payment-gateways/suggestions/3228886-braintree

In terms of suggestions for other options, any of our gateways could be a good option - depending on your usage requirements: http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/

You noted wanting to use Amazon in another thread - is this for a different project that you're wanting to use Braintree, or you're wanting to use Braintree as well as Amazon?
  • I need to use Braintree as well as Amazon. I don't have a problem switching.

However, I would think that if FoxyCart can support Authorize.net, that it can also support an Authorize.net Emulator. All that changes is the endpoint url.

Are you sure it won't work?
  • nealsharmonnealsharmon Member
    edited January 2013
    BTW, as I have been researching alternatives to Braintree, I discovered [redacted] and like the people running it. They also have an Authorize.net emulator.

I just signed up for the Advanced Account and now see that I can't switch the endpoint from my admin interface :(

Is it possible to change the endpoint from FoxyCart's end?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @nealsharmon.
    We can discuss adding another gateway, and if they have an Auth.net emulation that can make things a lot easier. The potential problem is that we've run into _lots_ of gateways that claim they have an auth.net emulation only to discover it's only 50% or 75% emulating. Things like completely different error responses, or different date field formatting, or etc. Fun stuff like that would make an open endpoint in the admin probably not work all that well in a lot of cases. (Also, for security reasons we don't feel super comfortable allowing an open URL field to point the processing to.)

Whisper or email with the details once you settle on a gateway and we can take a look.