Coupon is being applied to "past due" amount, and customer is getting charged 0

cbootcboot Member
in Help edited January 2013
We're using the subscription feature as a payment plan for one of our items. Recently, a customer was charged a past due amount, but when the past due amount was charged, the coupon they had originally used on the order was also applied, and the customer was charged $0. Why is this, and how can I fix it? I will whisper the order ID and store info.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cboot,

huh, that is an interesting one! That effectively makes the coupon apply twice to the same amount as it would apply once to the actual subscription leaving a smaller past due amount if the payment fails, and then it applies again to the past due amount.

We'll discuss this amongst the team and someone will be in touch soon. Thanks for whispering those details through as well straight away - much appreciated!
  • Thank you for the quick reply and help!
  • Any updates on this? Thank you again for your help!
    @cboot,

I believe we have a fix for this, and it's currently being reviewed by our QA team. I'll ask for an update on it's status.
    @cboot - just a quick followup, we have a possible fix that is being tested currently, but as it's a somewhat significant change, we will only be applying the fix to our upcoming 1.1 release. That is currently in private beta - so hopefully it shouldn't be too long a wait for you before you can make use of that.
  • @fc_adam,

Sounds great! Any idea on the ETA for 1.1? Thanks!
    We don't currently have an ETA for the release - we'll hopefully be hitting public beta very soon.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @cboot: not sure if you already noticed, but 1.1 is in public beta now if you want to try it out. Please let us know if this issue is resolved for you.
  • cbootcboot Member
    @luke

Thank you! I've updated to the beta, and will hopefully have some results soon!