The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Google Analytics to Track Ecommerce Conversions

dannyrohrdanzdannyrohrdanz Member
in Help edited January 2013
Hello! I have a client who is using Foxy Shop (WP) for their Shopping Cart services. We are using Google Analytics to track everything on their site and we'd like to use it to track the Ecommerce conversions as well - mainly $$ that each traffic source is bringing in. In the WP settings of Foxy Shop I see the area to add the Google Analytics UA code as well as check the box if it is an Advanced Google Analytics Code. My question is, do I need to go through the Advanced portion of the setup or just input the UA code if all I want to do is track sales and traffic through Google Analytics? Why are there two options? Thanks so much!
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @dannyrohrdanz,

You want to take a look through this: http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/googleanalytics_async and set the appropriate codes up on your cart template, checkout template, and receipt template. It's worth mentioning that for the piece that goes on your website itself you can just check the "Advanced" Analytics checkbox on the FoxyShop settings page.
  • @Sparkweb

Thanks for responding and sending the link. Just checking on something - checking that "Advanced" Analytics checkbox on the FoxyShop settings page DOES NOT add the proper GA code to those templates right? We have to manually do that?
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    That's correct. You have to manually add the proper code to the cart, checkout, and receipt templates.