The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Cart Template not Caching

jlivingstonjlivingston Member
in Help edited February 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to cache my client's cart. The admin says it caches, no errors, and when I save it, it says it's updated. But it's still the old template. I copied what it claimed to be the new cached template straight out of the text area and examined it on my text editor, and it's even the old template in the admin. When I go straight to the URL that it's supposed to cache in a browser, it's definitely the new template. I'm going to whisper the FC account details and template URL. If you could look into it soon, I'd appreciate it. The client needed this up tonight, and there are certain PHP functions that need to fire when the template is cached for it to look right, so it's no simple task to update the template manually.

Best,

Joey
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jlvingston,

What's the difference in the templates we should be spotting - I just gave this a quick once-over and the saved cart and the raw template look identical.
  • do a search for this line in the cached template:

var custom_coupon_code = false;

If you go directly to the template URL in a browser:

willaskincare.com/shopping-bag/

You see that the line looks like this.

var custom_coupon_code = true;
    @jlivingston,

Looking at both pages on my computer, both say "var custom_coupon_code = false;"
  • That is mind boggling. I've uploaded the changes via FTP, and pulled the same page up in several browsers, and I see something different. I can't understand it. Let me see what I can find out. Thanks for looking.
  • Okay, I figured it out. I installed a theme switcher so that I could customize their homepage without their customers seeing it until it was finished. I was inadvertently uploaded the new cart template to the new theme, which wasn't actually active to anyone who wasn't signed in as admin.

Wow, what a brain teaser that was.

Sorry for wasting your time Adam.
    @jlivingston,

No worries at all! Glad you were able to get it figured out