Help with my E-commerce BMX Site

wallerbmxwallerbmx Member
in Help edited February 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a E-commerce site the url is www.wallerbmx.co.uk. I sell bike goods as you may see.

I have a couple of question regarding my website I wondered if you could help me with.

The first, inside the related link on a product page you may see 6 products. FoxyShop is set as standard only 5 products. I have to manually assign 6 products each time to be cositent with my website aesthetics. Is it possible to change to FoxyShop standard to 5?

The second, does anybody have any knowledge regarding submitting products to Google Shopping. I have tried created a Google Product Feed. This generates me an XML file that I then upload to my Google Merchant account. After a few minutes I receive an error stating a few errors.

They are - Missing shipping information. My website charges £3.50 on order under £55 and free over £55.
- Brand, MPN and Google Product Category errors.

I noticed when selecting the google product feed in FoxyShop settings that a new option (Google Product Feed Data) was available when adding products now. Does this mean I need to input this information for all of my product including the ones already added on my website? I have over 300!

I read up on FoxyCart help file that Google Shopping was available in the US for FoxyCart but I should comtact if I am located in the UK - here I am contacting you :)

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd love to increase my sales by using Google Shopping but reaching the Google Shopping stage on a search engine seems a hard task without the knowledge I am needing. I seek your help!

Thanks

Jack Waller
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @wallerbmx,

Your questions there actually relate to FoxyShop rather than FoxyCart. FoxyShop is actually a plugin that is built and maintained by a great member of our developer community - @sparkweb - he frequents the forums regularly, so I'm sure he'll be able to answer your questions soon.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Hi Jack,

There are instructions here http://www.foxy-shop.com/documentation/google-product-integration/ for switching to the UK version of the tool. But this is only if you are doing the automatic way. If you are just wanting to submit a feed you don't have to bother with this.

You do need to get the brand, mpn, and product categories in all products though. I'd recommend you read the docs on how to build these files for more info on what's required. http://www.foxy-shop.com/documentation/google-product-integration/

I did build a plugin called Custom Field Bulk Editor which really speeds up the processing of editing a bunch of custom fields at once.

One thing to keep in mind is that at least here in the US Google Shopping is now entirely an advertising-based service and you have to buy listings for all your products.

To switch to 6 related products, just change your function in the foxyshop-single-product.php template file to this:
    foxyshop_related_products("Related Products", 6);

Hope that helps!

David
  • Hi,

Thanks for the prompt replies guys. @sparkweb thanks a bunch that worked!

I'll have a good read through the docs. Im sure i'll be back with more questions.

This forum is excellent I must add!