Live Shipping Rates Spinning for a Customer

bushybushy Member
in General edited November 2008
Hi guys. Not sure this is a Foxycart issue (tho it could be). Nonetheless I was hoping you could offer your opinion. I'm using live shipping rates from the USPS. Got an email from a customer today who had tried several times this weekend to place an order but could not...each time he reached the point in checkout where he needed to choose a shipping option the "calculating shipping" status bar came up but then just hung hung without returning a shipping option. I tried it myself using his town/state/zip (which he emailed to me) and had no problems. My first thought was a disconnect somewhere along the line between the customer's ISP and the USPS. Except isn't it really Foxycart that is contacting the USPS and then relaying to the customer? Or is it actually a direct connection? Any suggestions for investigating this? Beyond network issues, could it be related to the customer's platform?
Comments
  • Well, FWIW, I figured out what the issue is and it is on the Foxycart side. The customer was entering a pound (#) sign in his address to indicate his apartment number. This was causing the shipping calculator to lock up. For all I know, this may be an issue if a pound sign is entered in any of the fields preceding shipping selection.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey bushy, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'm glad you figured it out, thanks so much for posting back about it. We'll create a ticket for this and get to it "eventually".

Thanks again.