The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Suddenly lots of 10505 errors

babblebibbabblebib Member
in Help edited February 2013
Hi, I have just looked at my error logs for the first time in ages and I am getting an alarming number of the following error message:

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10505 Gateway Decline) This transaction cannot be processed.

The weird thing is that in the handful of transactions I have checked, the payment has arrived in our account (paypal pro).

Is this something to be concerned about or is it just silly users entering the wrong card details?

Account is babblebib.foxycart.com and babblebibmobile.foxycart.com

Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @babblebib,

Looking at the error description from PayPal, it says this:
    The transaction was refused because the AVS response returned the value of N, and the merchant account is not able to accept such transactions.

So I'm assuming for those customers, they input an incorrect address which triggered that error, and then corrected it and subsequently completed the transaction. You can easily tell if a customer completed the transaction by seeing if the transaction ID listed in the error log links to a transaction or not. If it does, the customer has corrected the error and completed the checkout. If not, the customer has abandoned that particular transaction before completion.