Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Echo Session Data from Checkout/Receipt pages

cwillenbrockcwillenbrock Member
in Help edited March 2013
I'm working on a custom checkout page and am trying to figure out two things.

1. How can I check to see if the user is signed in from a custom checkout page? I'm using the SSO method to verify if they're a user, but I'm not sure how to check any of the data from the custom cart theme I'm laying out. Does it cache PHP or just HTML/CSS?

2. Assuming you can access the FoxyCart session data, are the session fields similar to what's called through the API? For instance, is customer first name "customer_last_name"? The session variables page in the wiki discusses transaction data, but not user data.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cwillenbrock,
    How can I check to see if the user is signed in from a custom checkout page?

I don't think we have any flags to show that the user was logged in via SSO - but you could certainly add a session attribute in your SSO endpoint which you could check for its presence.

Does it cache PHP or just HTML/CSS?

The automagicache functionality won't cache PHP - but just the rendered HTML/CSS from the page.

Assuming you can access the FoxyCart session data, are the session fields similar to what's called through the API? For instance, is customer first name "customer_last_name"? The session variables page in the wiki discusses transaction data, but not user data.

You can access all of the cart session data using Twig - more details on that here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/checkout - take a look at the templates linked to from that page to see examples of how that's done.