Echo Session Data from Checkout/Receipt pages

cwillenbrockcwillenbrock Member
in Help edited March 2013
I'm working on a custom checkout page and am trying to figure out two things.

1. How can I check to see if the user is signed in from a custom checkout page? I'm using the SSO method to verify if they're a user, but I'm not sure how to check any of the data from the custom cart theme I'm laying out. Does it cache PHP or just HTML/CSS?

2. Assuming you can access the FoxyCart session data, are the session fields similar to what's called through the API? For instance, is customer first name "customer_last_name"? The session variables page in the wiki discusses transaction data, but not user data.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cwillenbrock,
    How can I check to see if the user is signed in from a custom checkout page?

I don't think we have any flags to show that the user was logged in via SSO - but you could certainly add a session attribute in your SSO endpoint which you could check for its presence.

Does it cache PHP or just HTML/CSS?

The automagicache functionality won't cache PHP - but just the rendered HTML/CSS from the page.

Assuming you can access the FoxyCart session data, are the session fields similar to what's called through the API? For instance, is customer first name "customer_last_name"? The session variables page in the wiki discusses transaction data, but not user data.

You can access all of the cart session data using Twig - more details on that here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/checkout - take a look at the templates linked to from that page to see examples of how that's done.