Only show view cart & checkout if items in cart

in Help edited March 2013
Any thoughts around this? Someone's probably done this before, but I'm probably searching poorly on the forums right now.

I'd imagine there's a way to handle this with Javascript, but not 100% sure how.
Comments
  • And by "view cart & checkout", I'm referring to the HTML links that take people to either the popup or checkout page. They're not necessary unless we have something actually in the cart, so our interface would clean up if we could remove them until something's in the cart.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
  • Actually, not quite there yet.

http://d.pr/i/2aZd/4PVuqoON

If you check out the above screenshot, there are two orange links. I kinda don't want them to show up or display to the page (at all) if nothing's in the cart. Because without something in the cart, they're essentially useless anyways.

Does that help? You're always on top of these forum posts man. Appreciate what you do big time.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @bdcadvertising,

If you add the .fc_minicart class to an element that surrounds those two links, they won't display if there is nothing in the cart - like described in what @sparkweb linked to. Are you still seeing them after you have added that class?
  • I think I see what you guys are getting at. Interesting.

I'll give it a try and report back. Thank you both so much!
  • Worked like a charm!