Foxyshop Payment Plan

mihaimmihaim Member
in Help edited March 2013
Hi guys,

I am using Foxycart and I have some questions. The website is created with Wordpress and I used the Foxyshop plugin. I would like the user to be able to choose from when they make a payment:
Option 1 : Pay in full (15% discount) $297.50
Option 2 : Payment plan (5% discount) $111 deposit / $119.50 on X date / $119.50 on X date
Option 3 : 20% deposit of $70 (0% discount) - balance due when item is ready to ship

Can they have three payment plans to choose from ? For each product or per order ? I read about Subscription Product Options and Product Discounting Options in the Foxycart wiki, but still cannot combine them as the options above. I know that @sparkweb built the Foxyshop plugin and maybe he can guide me or tell me how much of this is possible and how limited I am on doing this.
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I think in order to do this you will need separate products for clarity's sake:

Product 1: easy

Product 2: Main purchase is $111, bundled product of $119.50 as a sub with a start date of X and end date of X+1, then a second bundled product just the same but with a different start and end date. Make sure you do this:
    define('FOXYSHOP_BUNDLED_PRODUCT_FULL_PRICE',1);
    ... as specified here http://www.foxy-shop.com/documentation/advanced-settings/.

Product 3: Regular product. You may have to require them to create an account and save their credit card and then you could run a secondary transaction at a later time. Or you could have a subscription on date X and then just alter the subscription to change date X later to whatever date you wanted to bill them

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.
  • Do you mean I should have three different products even if the product is the same, just the payment is different ? Can't this be done on the same page ? I don't want the user to have the product three times.
    If you do this on the same page, you'll have to write some custom javascript to show/hide fields based on what option they choose. This could get pretty complicated.
  • Ok, I understand, what about adding many "Add to Cart" buttons to the page and creating separate products? Each button will add another product in the cart, not the one on which page you are.
    I'm pretty sure that would probably work (I'm pretty sure that the link creation methods look for add on products). Check out the shortcode info for details on how to set that up: http://www.foxy-shop.com/documentation/widgets-and-shortcodes/