Billing address overwriting shipping address

cbootcboot Member
in Help edited March 2013
We just recently updated to the 1.1 beta, and it looks as thought there might be an error at checkout. When you confirm payment, the billing address writes over the shipping address fields.

We’ve had two customers call saying we shipped to the wrong address (their billing address).

Any ideas? We're pretty worried about this problem
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cboot,

That is indeed a bug, sorry for any inconvenience there - I've already got a fix sorted, and will ask it to be pushed through QA as soon as possible - but if you'd like to add in a fix for it now, add this to your checkout template before you call the requireShippingAddress() function.
    <script type="text/javascript">
    FC.checkout.requireShippingAddress = function() {
    	if (FC.checkout.config.hasShippableProducts && !FC.checkout.config.hasMultiship) {
    		jQuery("#shipping_service_id").val("0");
    		jQuery("#fc_address_shipping_container").show();
    		jQuery("#fc_use_different_address").hide().find("input").prop("checked", true);
    		jQuery("#fc_copy_billing_address").show();
    		updateShipping(-1);
    		updateTaxes(-1);
    	}
    }
    </script>

• cbootcboot Member
    Thank you for the quick response on this. I put the code snippet in the checkout template, and should hopefully see some results shortly.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cboot,

With how you've included it there, you'll want to remove the <script> tags from what I pasted above. It's breaking your template as it stands
  • cbootcboot Member
    Aghh.. my mistake. Thank you for catching that.