Item code in e-mail

oskayoskay Member
in Help edited November 2008
With version 0.4.0, it seems that item codes no longer show up in the customer e-mail (which we get by bcc). We were using these codes for custom-configured products, so with the change, we no longer get notified of what was ordered. (Data isn't lost-- it's in the transaction log on your site.) Any way to get this or similar functionality back?

Also, unrelated question: Is there a reason that the store e-mail can't display the order date?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey oskay, thanks for posting. We'll look into the missing code for you. As we mentioned before, 0.4.0 was almost a complete rewrite so it's possible that field got missed. As for the order date not being there... that's surprising. I guess we figured the date of the email lets you know when the order took place. Makes sense to me to put it in the email as well... so we probably will in a future version.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    I was a little confused by this one until I realized you're talking about the text only emails. The html emails should be fine.

Working on fixing it now.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Fixed.

It was also missing the weight information and the subscription information (if they existed). Also fixed.

We'll add the order date in a future version since that's not really a bug, just an improvement.
  • Hello

Brilliant. I was about to post a note regarding email confirmation of subscription details. I only use text-only email.

One more point, where would I choose what date format is presented to the user. Currently this is of the form "2008-11-06" and I would much prefer something like "6th November 2008". Is this possible?

Thanks

Lee
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Not currently, but feel free to request it here:

http://requests.foxycart.com
  • Many thanks. I will @-)
  • Thanks Luke--

You guys rock (as usual)!