Delete Transactions

fairwavefairwave Member
in Help edited November 2008
How do I delete transactions?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Currently we don't have a way to do that, but you can "hide" them using the checkbox in the transaction history report.
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

Also regarding transactions, is it possible to download/export ALL of the fields (except for sensitive CC info) into CSV or something? I need the SHIP TO info included in my exports so that i may import that info into MySQL or Quickbooks. I can't get either of the scripts referenced in Forums to work properly.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    That would be something you'd have to request here:
    http://requests.foxycart.com

Curious, what about the datafeed scripts were you not able to get working?
  • Well...regarding the datafeed. A very cool feature. Being the non-developer I am, I had difficulty getting it to work properly. I got the XML -IIF script to work, however i couldn't quite get all the fields to export. Then, I had too many inconsistencies which prohibited it from importing into QB '09. The XML -> MySQL script only dumped the datafeed itself into the database. XML and all. Again, I'm certain user error was the problem.

Because of the rushed deadline, I just didn't have time for trial and error. I will revisit it.

Going back to deleting transactions, might that be an upcoming feature? Hiding is great, however, there are instances when one or several need to be deleted.( e.g Accidental duplicate transactions.) Otherwise, the datafeed includes erroneous feeds. I use "Hiding" as a way of keeping track of which ones I've processed...perhaps therein lies the problem. :) Thanks for all you responses.

-Ajani
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Go ahead and add that as a feature request as well. Are you using MODx? If so, you might want to take a look at FoxyBack. It's still under development, but might give you more of the management stuff it sounds like you're looking for.
  • fairwavefairwave Member
    edited November 2008
    Negative on MODx. Just using the cart at http://www.kirkwhalum.com
    Thanks, I will look into FoxyBack.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Being a self-described "non-developer" FoxyBack probably isn't for you at this point.

That said, the XML datafeed itself is definitely designed for developers in mind. While certainly not impossible, working with XML requires some developer skills.
    Otherwise, the datafeed includes erroneous feeds
    The datafeed runs almost immediately after the transaction comes through, and isn't really related to the transaction view.

What problem are you trying to solve? If we have a better idea we might be able to point you in a good direction.