Product page layout

krushenkrushen Member
in General edited March 2013
I am using the Custom Community theme along with the Foxy cart plug in and am having some difficulties with the layout. I am not sure if I should be directing this to the Custom Community forum or here.

1. On this page http://prairiewestimport.com/product-cat/6persontubs/ , I am trying to get the products away from the left side of the page so that it would be more centered.
2. On the right hand side of the page, the cart widget shows up in the bottom right hand corner and I want it to be in the top of that column.

I apologize if I have posted in the wrong place. I have worked with Foxy Cart once before and though I would remember a lot of this and I don't...amazing what age does to you!!

Thanks for your help.
Pat
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @krushen,

This is probably more a question of CSS/HTML on your site rather than FoxyCart itself. @sparkweb may have some suggestions for you (he's the genius behind FoxyShop) otherwise the custom community forum you mentioned may be the better place too.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @krushen, Pat it looks like you might have figured it out now. As @fc_adam said, this is a CSS issue. I'd recommend using a tool like Firebug (for Firefox) or the native inspector in Chrome to look at your CSS. It will make it much easier to figure out what needs to be adjusted to get the desired effect.
  • Believe me... I am trying but am getting very frustrated. Is it because I am so much more familiar with working with HTML in Dreamweaver that I just can't seem to get things straight? I am looking at the this page in Firebug http://prairiewestimport.com/products/model-amc-2160/... I want to move things around in this page so that I can show all 3 color variations. I am trying to left right align the images but this is as far as they will move to the right. I have the text aligned to the left.

Do you have any suggestions?

@krushen,

Would you be interested in working with a developer to get things set up as you're wanting? If so, we can recommend some developers who could help you with that.
  • Not at this point. These people have given little guidance as to what they really want so this is pretty experimental and I don't want to pay for something that I might have to scrap later.
    Does this mean that my questions will no longer be answered?
    edited March 2013
    @kruschen,

We're happy to help with any FoxyCart related questions - but in terms of advice/guidance with issues outside of that like with templates, we can't guarantee we'll be able to help. We'd definitely love to help make everyone's website look awesome - but we need to focus on making FoxyCart awesome too.

That said - what exactly are you trying to achieve - perhaps we can point you in the right direction. Currently it's a little hard to tell exactly what you're wanting to do based on your description.
  • Well, here's the thing....ideally i want to be able to place the variations aas well as the option to the right of the text, still near the bottom and have them all line vertically on the left with no space between add and $700
    http://prairiewestimport.com/products/model-amc-2190/

But allthis being said, i am really using each little help that you give me to learn more about how to navigate through the css. I have been trying to use firefox and chrome to help woth this. The only way i am going to figure this out is to try different-things. All I have been given is an excel spreadsheet and i think things may change drastically...they may even change their minds about ecommerce, but when and if they do, i will atleast be able to figure out how to make some changes or work with another theme because i have gone through this.

Thank you for your help thus far. I don't want to be overly dependent onyou, i'm just trying to figure things out. i do look through the forum for answers and through the documentation, but i find those sources lacking in specific information. I did work with foxy cart over a year ago and seemed to get things to work well. I had a lot of help from David.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello @krushen. FoxyCart isn't for everyone. Though we try to make things easy, understanding CSS, HTML and JavaScript is required to have full control of the process. I commend David and Adam for going above and beyond here to help you along, but ultimately, we have to focus on FoxyCart specific questions here in the forum (otherwise we'd just be doing free web development support!).

We're very proud of our support offering and our team. That said, we also try to recommend our partner developers when more than just the basics are needed. I'll go ahead and whisper them to you so you can get the help you need.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @krushen, one thing that might be worthwhile in what you're after would be taking a look at this screencast:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/1.1/templates#advanced_customizations_for_advanced_fun
    In particular, the part 2 video will show a method of messing around with HTML and CSS in the browser that might be worth at least seeing. Quick way to see exactly what you're doing. Hopefully that helps :)