The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

discount_quantity_amount

in Help edited March 2013
Hi guys,

just wondering if there is a way of setting a product discount like the following:

Discount of $2.00 applies when minimum of 96 products are ordered and in multiples of 12.
So basically quantity >= 96 && quantity % 12 = 0;

I've been working on a script to run in the ^^cart^^ page to take care of this, but it's causing me many issues, so I thought I'd check if there was a way of doing this with a discount or dynamically generated coupon.

Right now I'm just running a huge discount string that's essentially 96-2|97-0|108-2|109-0|120-2|121-0, etc...
It'd be nice if I could simplify it. Otherwise I'll just make a really long volume discount to a quantity that no one would ever order.

I know I could make a script that does the math and assigns them to variables, but then this wouldn't pass on to the ^^cart^^ page if people updated the quantity there.

thanks!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @terenceRoberts,

So currently, your best bet will be the long discount string unfortunately.

For what it's worth, we are currently working through an enhancement to the repeat discount logic which would make it possible to set up more complex repeating tiers where you would essentially create a set of tiers that repeats, rather than just a single tier. One thing we hadn't considered as part of that is being able to specify the repeat starting at a certain point and repeating from then onwards. I've added some notes to that ticket with what you've described there as something for us to consider as we continue to build that out.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I've added some notes to that ticket with what you've described there as something for us to consider as we continue to build that out.
    And I've added more notes. @terenceRoberts, thanks so much. It's a great idea.