Checkout Flow on More than 1 Page

daniel_in_SFdaniel_in_SF Member
in Help edited April 2013
I would like my checkout flow to be on several pages. i.e. First you login, then you enter billing and shipping details, then you enter CC. Has anyone done this with Foxycart and if so how did you do it?
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    The whole idea behind FoxyCart is that it's a one-page checkout. I think you might be barking up the wrong tree. :) You could possibly duplicate this by turning on and off certain divs?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @daniel_in_SF,

We used to have the different sections of the checkout hidden until the customer was up to that point - but we found from the feedback we were receiving that people didn't like that approach - customers wanted to be able to see upfront what they were in for.

There has been lots of research into checkouts as well - and one I read recently noted if a customer can see what they need to do to complete the checkout, they're less likely to abandon the checkout as compared to customers that are in a staged checkout experience where they can't see what's coming. Something to keep in mind.

If you'd like to hide the billing/shipping and payment fields until a user has logged in - we have a snippet available for that: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/checkout/making_shipping_and_payment_fields_hidden