The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Need help setting up AdWords Conversion Tracking

cindygcindyg Member
in Help edited April 2013
We've tried several methods of implementing standard AdWords conversion tracking on our receipt page. We placed it directly before the </body> tag, then tried placing it between the ^^receipt_only^^ tags. Either it wouldn't track, or the script entirely disappeared when we got to the receipt page after running through a transaction.

We want to be able to track the value of the sub-total, but again, none of the dynamic variable from the receipt code are transmitting the value to the value field in the AdWords script.

Can anyone help? We've placed AdWords code plenty of times before, but never on FoxyCart. It seem like it shouldn't be this difficult.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cindyg,

Could you show us how you've currently got it integrated? Feel free to whisper us a link if it's private in nature, just check the 'whisper' checkbox below the text area field and enter my username in the input that appears.
  • 1 - I've placed my GA and AdWords tracking code within the ^^receipt_only^^ tags. When I go through the purchase process, the scripts within those tags disappear.

2 - We have our cart admin set up to pull code from an HTML file we have on our FTP. However, the cart is consistently pulling from the old code that sits within the admin. I hit "Cache my URL" and "Update" after updating my HTML file, but it still pulls from the admin and not from the URL.

So - why isn't my Google Analytics and Google AdWords sciprts showing up, even thought I've placed them in between the correct tags? And why is my Foxy Cart admin not pulling my code from the URL I supplied?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cindyg,

I've responded to your email on the helpdesk - let's continue discussion there.