The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Jquery stripped out of my cached template

cmoralescmorales Member
in Help edited April 2013
Hello,

I have a custom checkout template for my site. I mix my code and the "sample" code to apply my style to foxy cart. In my header, I have this:
<!-- BEGIN FOXYCART FILES -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//cdn.foxycart.com/static/scripts/colorbox/1.3.23/style4/colorbox.css?ver=1" type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script src="//cdn.foxycart.com/calicospanish/foxycart.colorbox.js?ver=2" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="resources/foxy-cart-1.1.0.css" type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />

<!-- END FOXYCART FILES -->

However, when I cache that template, I get this:
<!-- BEGIN FOXYCART FILES -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//cdn.foxycart.com/static/scripts/colorbox/1.3.23/style4/colorbox.css?ver=1" type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />

<script src="//cdn.foxycart.com/calicospanish/foxycart.colorbox.js?ver=2" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
(...pulled code...)

Note how the ajax.googleapis... line is missing.

I am using 1.1
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cmorales,

We automatically include jQuery on the cart, checkout and receipt templates - and including it a second time will generally break things - so we strip that out on the checkout.
  • I see.

How can I solve this error? It seems that jQuery is not ready yet when colorbox is loaded.

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

http://cdn.foxycart.com/calicospanish/foxycart.colorbox.js?ver=2
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cmorales,

Do you actually need the FoxyCart javascript file on the checkout? If you're not using it, then we'd recommend not including it. That said though - simply make sure that any CSS files are include *before* any of your javascript files, as the jQuery included on the checkout is included after the last CSS file or the title tag - whichever is last.
  • Thanks for your help.