Credit Card Data Portability

a9ka9k Member
in Help edited April 2013
I've got a client that wants to know if you support Credit Card Data Portability. http://www.portabilitystandard.org/ (You could have a CCDP badge on the foxycart site if you do.)

Essentially the client wants to know if they can get the customers CC's moved to another service (and probably what that would cost). Obviously moving the other customer data is easy with the API.

To avoid their lesser PCI level, data should be moved directly from Foxy to the receiving service provider, for a fee of course (probably charged by at both ends). The link provides some details of how that's done.

From some discussions in the dim past of the forum (like 2009!) - I think you intended to support this but there probably wasn't this buzzword back then.
Tagged:
Comments
  • a9ka9k Member
    BTW - got a very long timeout and error posting this - error was something about not parsing XML. Good thing I checked before hitting post again and again!
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We have done this in the past. We don't really _like_ doing it, mostly because the access level required radically limits who on our team can actually pull this off. We do charge for it too, which we don't like doing, but it's the only way it makes sense for us.

(Also fwiw, the last time we did this the company we sent the data to _lost_ it, so we had to reexport the whole thing. It didn't inspire confidence, that's for sure. :)
  • a9ka9k Member
    Wow that's amazingly stupid they lost the data. It reminds me that PCI doesn't guarantee smart people at the other end!
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Yeah…
    Like, oh, I don't know, Citibank.

(Seriously… … Even though that was 2 years ago, it still leaves me speechless. PCI's a really fantastic way to make sure you're at least doing a solid amount and not being totally stupid, but… yeah, there's always the human factor :)