If can't use live rate shipping by package size, what's the best alternative?

flinx777flinx777 Member
in Help edited April 2013
My client has 3 Foxy Cart sites where he wanted to be able to pass dimensions into the cart for FedEx on checkout to determine cost for those packages by size and weight. Turns out Foxy Cart doesn't have this functionality yet. As such, I'm trying to find an alternative and was curious if anyone in the forums has tackled this issue before or found a solution that's more or less a hack to get the shipping cost close to what it would be. We've played around with adding more weight to the product or flat rate shipping, but approaches aren't very accurate.

His store is running on 0.72 but we can upgrade to the newest Foxy Cart version if need be to work with a solution that may be available.

Here's one of the 3 stores that is currently being worked on in a dev environment:

http://orchidsupply.my619design.com/
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777,

Unfortunately short of setting up your own secure endpoint to FedEx and interfacing with that from the checkout, your next best options are either by setting up flat rate tiers, or modifying the returned results from FedEx to mark them up by a certain amount.
  • @fc_adam ... I think marking up the shipping cost will make the most sense. Thanks for the advice!