Bugs with IE9 and version 0.71

flinx777flinx777 Member
in Help edited April 2013
I've got a client that is using FC version 0.71

He's experiencing 2 problems on IE9:

1. On checkout, when he enters his email and chooses "Check out as a Guest", he has to click it 2 times to get it to register (otherwise, "Create an Account" radio button stays selected).

2. Upon entering his address in the input fields, sometimes the shipping rates show up, sometimes they don't. When they don't, the option to "click here" only shows where the shipping prices normally would show up.

Standard checkout page with no JS customization. Is there any known issues with IE9 and version 0.71? I know IE9 came out after 0.71 so that was my assumption why there might be problems.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777,

The 'check out as a guest" issue isn't actually just limited to IE9 - you'll experience that in other browsers as well. The issue comes from the javascript that checks whether that email address is a returning customer or not, which happens when the text input looses focus. So after typing if you click directly onto the check out as a guest radio input, you'll select that input, and also blur the email input at the same time.

We're currently in the process of redeveloping all of the FoxyCart templates, so I'll make sure that issue is noted as part of that.

With the shipping address issue, I do recall a similar issue coming up previously. It related to the form fields being completed in a certain order and not triggering the shipping logic to start, and from memory I think it was if the state field was completed last...

One option would be upgrading the store and seeing if that resolves the shipping issue for the customer.
  • OK, thanks for the response @fc_adam. I think the client wants to update for the upgrade.